Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We hope this update from our family to yours, finds you and your family in good health. Our community and the world have been through a lot over the last few months due to the Coronavirus (COVID 19). All of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes due to the Coronavirus (COVID 19), when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Screening processes in place for all patients, visitors, and clinicians before entering facilities. Our staff will communicate with you before entering the facility, you will have temperature and be asked some screening questions.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Universal masking required throughout our facilities, which exceeds CDC guidelines.
- Heightened infection prevention policies, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines, toys and vending machines from our facilities.
- Food and drinks prohibited to prevent the spread of illness.
- We have updated our visitor policies, including limitations, which will remain in place for the duration of the pandemic. You may see that our waiting room is now open but limited to one visitor per patient. You must sit with who you came with.
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle to start the registration process. When you arrive, please call the office, and let us know what the make, model and color of your vehicle.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 352-331-2016.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Sincerely, Dr. Slott, Dr. Hambrook and Office Staff
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: